Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Penniless and JOBLESS in Chicago??

Now THAT would not be a good combination for me today. I almost walked out on my boss today. I hit a pretty deep low today and almost thought that my penny pinching ways just weren't worth it anymore in this city. It's kind of bizarre how one particular person can have such an impact on every aspect of your life...as in, MY BOSS, Clamina. I have a job which should NEVER be taken home, yet somehow, thoughts of my job absolutely consume me every single moment of my life. I wake up dreading her (my boss)...I come home, miserable, just thinking about how rotten my day was because she was there...I even DREAM about her. Even if I had money right now, I don't think I'd even be in any mood to go out and celebrate it because the only conversational piece I would have to add would be something about my rotten boss. Wow. Why am I letting someone as insignificant as her control my happiness? Sounds like I need to break into that pig and buy myself a cookie...or seven.

So, I'm currently desperately looking for a new job. I've applied to pretty much everything I've found...barista (not enough experience), waitress (too much experience), sandwich artist (not creative enough), dog walker (not strong enough), unpaid intern (to about 7 different companies--no longer a student), personal assistant (not organized enough), receptionist (can't handle being the office slave), case manager (I don't know why not), nanny (not enough connections), janitor (I don't know why they didn't want me), housekeeper...NOTHING. I haven't gotten any hits yet. A few interviews, but nobody wants me :(

I'm a total downer tonight. Katie (my sister) always has better names for me though...Irritable Izzie, Bitchy Betty, Catty Cathy, Angry Allie, Pissed off Polly, Miserable Molly, her list goes on. I think she has a name for each letter of the alphabet. Don't get the wrong impression, I'm a pretty jolly person. I've just been down today about my job...and I just really want to go shopping and get a gym membership and pick up a skinny vanilla latte and go out to dinner and get bottleS of wine and buy a boyfriend. But I can't.


2 comments:

  1. You are just having a bad day! Things will get better. They always do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had such a crappy day. I hate those. Don't let your boss get the best of you! Chances are she can see it and she likes it. Just act like she's the best thing that ever happened to her. I bet you it would mess with her mind :P

    ReplyDelete